Aluminum is a soft metal and will bend easily - care must be taken when removing aluminum labels from their liner AND when applying them to your product. Bent aluminum labels will retain the shape of the bend and may not lie flat when adhered to a surface (seen below). This label was peeled "up" away from the liner. (This surface is powder coated aluminum.)
Here are some tips on how to remove aluminum labels from a liner without bending the label and applying the label to the surface of your product.
• Hands must be clean & dry
• The surface that the label will adhere to needs to be clean & dry
• Peel LINER away from labels, do not peel labels “up” from liner (see video below)
• If you peel the aluminum label away from the liner, the aluminum will bend "up" and may not adhere to the surface correctly
• These labels are NOT REPOSITIONABLE. The positioning of the label needs to be exact when applying because the pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive is very aggressive. Repositioning labels that have already been attached to a surface will bend the aluminum, twist the label, and degrade the adhesive.
Here's a short video that shows you how to remove aluminum labels from a liner without bending the label.
If you have any questions, or need a quote for durable labels, please give us a call at 800.531.5073 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing about your project!